Ralph qualified in 2013, and completed a Masters research degree in Psychodynamic Practice at Oxford University the following year, and worked for five years with a community counselling service. Ralph offers both weekly open-ended psychotherapy or time-limited counselling, according to the needs of each client.
What is Psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy and psychodynamic counselling work with our feelings and emotion to explore the underlying causes of our thoughts, distress or troubling behaviour. Weekly meetings with a therapist can build a relationship of trust and understanding, creating a safe space where our feelings, thoughts, and experiences can be faced, and a better understanding can be explored. It seeks to help us discover greater control over our lives and our relationships, promoting autonomy and a sense of self-worth in order to live more fully.
Ralph’s fees and working hours:
- Wednesday: 1 pm – 5 pm (earlier sessions can also be arranged)
- £80 inc vat for a 50-minute session.
It can be helpful to have an introductory session over the course of 90 minutes to really get to know the client and discuss the options and suitability of therapy.
- MSt Psychodynamic Practice (Oxford University)
- Postgraduate Diploma Psychodynamic Practice (Oxford University)
- Postgraduate Certificate Psychodynamic Counselling (Oxford University)
- Previous undergraduate and graduate qualifications in Social Anthropology (LSE) and Theology (Oxford University)
British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) – Registered Member.
Ralph is happy to respond to any inquiries or questions you may have regarding therapy and you can contact him personally via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 07872040418