Cathy Taylor is an experienced Family Therapist (Systemic Psychotherapist) registered with the United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapy (UKCP) and the Association of Family Therapy (AFT). She is also an accredited psychotherapy supervisor.
Cathy has over thirty years’ experience working in NHS services with children and adults presenting with a wide range of life experiences that have affected their emotional well-being and relationships. These can include experiences of loss and trauma, mental health diagnoses, physical health problems, developmental, learning and communication difficulties. Problems also often arise in response to the normal stresses of family life, particularly around changes and unexpected or distressing events.
Family Therapy is a way of viewing and managing problems in terms of how they have developed within relationships and how they continue to influence family interactions and relationships.
Family Therapy offers a safe, informal space in which family members are helped to collaborate creatively in exploring their different beliefs, perspectives, hopes and values. It aims to support people to increase their understanding of one another, improve relationships, alleviate distress and resolve difficulties.
Family Therapy can include any members of a family, extended family, friendship or wider social network. It can also be helpful to individuals who are looking to move on with their lives and relationships.
The number of sessions needed varies, with some families needing more and others much less, the average being about 10 sessions.
Cathy is available at Calmer Clinics on Friday afternoons.
Family Therapy sessions are priced at £75 per hour.
Please contact Cathy initially via email: firstname.lastname@example.org leaving your phone number, and she will ring you back as soon as possible.
You can also leave a message for Cathy with our team at reception on 0207 798 6831.
Ralph qualified in 2013, and completed a Masters research degree in Psychodynamic Practice at Oxford University the following year, and worked for five years with a community counselling service. Ralph offers both weekly open-ended psychotherapy or time-limited counselling, according to the needs of each client.
What is Psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy and psychodynamic counselling work with our feelings and emotion to explore the underlying causes of our thoughts, distress or troubling behaviour. Weekly meetings with a therapist can build a relationship of trust and understanding, creating a safe space where our feelings, thoughts, and experiences can be faced, and a better understanding can be explored. It seeks to help us discover greater control over our lives and our relationships, promoting autonomy and a sense of self-worth in order to live more fully.
Ralph’s fees and working hours:
- Wednesday: 1 pm – 5 pm (earlier sessions can also be arranged)
- £80 inc vat for a 50-minute session.
It can be helpful to have an introductory session over the course of 90 minutes to really get to know the client and discuss the options and suitability of therapy.
- MSt Psychodynamic Practice (Oxford University)
- Postgraduate Diploma Psychodynamic Practice (Oxford University)
- Postgraduate Certificate Psychodynamic Counselling (Oxford University)
- Previous undergraduate and graduate qualifications in Social Anthropology (LSE) and Theology (Oxford University)
British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) – Registered Member.
Ralph is happy to respond to any inquiries or questions you may have regarding therapy and you can contact him personally via email: email@example.com or by phone: 07872040418
To read what patients say about Ralph, check our testimonials page: Link
Judith Russo is the lead Psychotherapist and offers psychotherapy and counselling for individuals and couples.
Judith may be contacted by
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Her hours and fees are as follows:
Fees are from £80 inc vat for individual sessions to £90 inc vat for couples.
Sessions are normally for 50 minutes but an initial consultation may last longer.
- Certificate in counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Studies
- MA in Psychodynamic Theory and Practice
- British Psychoanalytic Council
- Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Institute of Trichologists
- International Neuropsychoanalysis Society
- Associate Member of the Royal Society of Medicine
Douglas works with both adults and adolescents (not couples). He is a fully qualified Psychodynamic Psychotherapist and has a Diploma in working with adolescents. Douglas works in both an open ended and time limited manner to make sure his clients get the best result.
- Your will work at a pace that feels right for you.
- Get your thoughts into perspective.
- Find better ways to cope or alter behaviour.
- Gain insight into yourself and your problems.
- Work through the issues and not feel so alone.
- Wednesday – midday – 10 pm
- £80 inc vat for a 50 minute session.
- Often it is preferable to have an introductory session over the course of 90 minutes to really get to know the client and discuss the options and suitability of therapy. The cost of this 90 minute session is £120.